• Our paper on Latent Space Policy Search has been accepted to IROS 2014! The paper introduces a novel reinforcement learning algorithm that can reduce the dimensionality of a task during learning.
• We have 2 posters accepted at the RSS workshop Human versus Robot Grasping and Manipulation! Congratulations to our students Neil Dantam and Ana Huaman! The papers deal with fault recovery in grasping and bi-manual grasping and hand-over.
• Neil Dantam will present our paper Online Camera Registration for Robot Manipulation at ISER 2014 in Morroco.
• Our paper on Dynamic Mode Decomposition for Perturbation Estimation in Human Robot Interaction was accepted to ROMAN 2014. The paper shows how machine learning can be used to estimate external perturbations using low-cost sensors.
• We have presented our recent work on Interaction Primitives at the ICRA Conference in Hong Kong. Interaction Primitives are a new representation for imitation learning in human-robot interaction tasks.
• I was asked to act as an associate editor of the new journal Frontiers in Robotics and AI. Looking forward to this exciting task!
• I edited a special issue of the Autonomous Robots journal on grasping and manipulation. The special issue contains the state-of-the-art in this field. It also contains four papers on the DARPA ARM project. Check it out!
• I was awarded a Daimler-Benz Travel Award for my research on Human-Robot Interaction!